Pages

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

TEACHER WEEK: MY MAKE AHEAD SNACK

oh. my. goodness. It has been one of those weeks. I know it is only Tuesday, but Labor Day weekend can’t get here soon enough! …it is a welcome relief to take a little break from all things school and share one of my favorite recipes.

tuesday meals

DISCLAIMER: If you read my five fun facts yesterday, you know I just bought a house. Before my big purchase, I was living on the drive-thru and snack after snack because I never had time to make it home between school and evening commitments. …so I’m not really used to this whole cooking thing.

…so let me share with you my favorite, HEALTHY snack!  My best friend introduced me to this stuff, and I am slightly addicted. (I really have no idea where she came up with the recipe, but you can find it [here] if you want to pin it.)

BlackBeanCornSalsa

The best part: It is incredibly simple to make.

1 can of corn, drained
1 can of black beans, drained
1 small white onion, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
3 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp apple cider vinegar

That is it! Combine, stir, enjoy, become addicted.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a yummy snack! I don't cook at all! My husband does all the cooking. Hope you have a great week!
    Rambling About Reading

    ReplyDelete