Pages

Saturday, February 14, 2015

THE VALENTINE’S SURPRISE

“Create moments that will have a lasting impact on children's lives." -Ron Clark

It may not be the most educational moment that takes place in my classroom, but it is definitely one of my favorites moments!

…while student teaching, I had the best cooperating teacher ever.  She went above and beyond to share her passion for teaching.  She was an expert at creating moments in and out of the classroom.  ...and if I am being honest, I totally stole this moment from her.

[The Valentine's Day Surprise]

I love using Valentine’s Day as a unique opportunity for parents to remind their children how much they love them.  I provide the construction paper, the streamers, and the opportunity for parents to sneak into their child’s classroom the evening before Valentine’s Day. Parents provide the sweet treats, the love notes, and the creativity.

ValentineSurprise.1   ValentineSurprise.2

…because I teach at a small, Lutheran school, most of my students know it is coming; that only seems to increase their excitement!  I love the looks on their faces when they see the Valentine's explosion that seems to take place in our classroom overnight.  They smile from the moment they walk into the classroom, until I send them home on a sugar high that afternoon.

  ValentineSurprise.3

…and these beautiful flowers from one of my students made me feel loved as well. 



No comments:

Post a Comment