Pages

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

TIME FLIES…

How? How is it almost December?!? We are already passing out midterm reports for the second quarter of the school year and my last blog post was my classroom reveal.  This is not okay.

I kind of don't even know where to begin...  

While I feel like I am in constant need of a nap, my year is off to a fantastic start. Here are just a few things that have brought a smile to my face recently.

First, I love my students.  Each year, as June approaches, I can't help but start to pay more attention to the fifth graders down the hall.  ...and if I am being honest, last year there was a whole lot of anxiety as I thought about what the future school year would bring.  Although I call them my little hurricanes, and while they are the noisiest silent class I have ever met, they always manage to brighten my day.

oh, Origami.  On Wednesdays and Fridays, the middle school students at my school participate in an elective program.  This semester I decided to teach origami, and I was shocked to learn how many students had no idea how to make a paper airplane.  We promptly resolved that small crisis and recently had the First (Possibly) Annual Paper Airplane Launch where prizes were awarded for the Farthest Flight and the Most Unique Design.

I have decided to experiment with Interactive Math Notebooks this year.  I am still sticking with the [Fantastic Math Cheat Sheet Organizer] for my 7th grade students, but I decided to attempt notebooks with my 5th and 6th graders.  It is definitely an experiment, and I already have a growing list of things I want to do differently next year, but, live and learn.  If you have suggestions or resources, I will take 'em.

MathNotebook

I have prep time!!  Yep, for the first time in my teaching career, I have more than forty-five minutes a week to plan at school.  Thanks to our fantastic, new gym teacher, I have THREE forty-five minute plan periods a week.  ...it may not seem like much to some of you, but, oh my goodness, it is wonderful.

…and as of 3:35 p.m. today, I have a four-day weekend to enjoy.  Hello, naps!

"Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever." 



No comments:

Post a Comment