Pages

Thursday, August 7, 2014

THE PIRATE'S LIFE FOR ME

okay. I am getting a little jealous of all these pictures everyone is taking with THE pirate himself, Dave Burgess. 

I didn't attend one of his seminars this summer, but I did just finish reading his book, [Teach Like a Pirate: Increase Student Engagement, Boost Your Creativity, and Transform Your Life as an Educator] and I cannot wait to pirate it up this school year. 


"It doesn't matter how much material you teach, it only matters how much is received."

My copy is now littered with notes, highlighted text, and hook ideas that are applicable to what I teach. This book doesn't just tell you "what" other teachers do, it explains "how" you can make it work in your class, with your curriculum, all by asking the right questions. 

Read it, figure out exactly what PIRATE, stands for, and WANT to be GREAT. 

"To ascend to the level of greatness, you have to be on fire with passion and enthusiasm."

[no, I was not asked to write a review; these are just my fabulous opinions. You're welcome.]


1 comment:

  1. I wish I could meet him too!

    Just finished it. I so want to experience a lesson with him!

    Let's be pirates this year :)

    Anisa @ Creative Undertakings

    ReplyDelete