Pages

Friday, June 13, 2014

SUMMER BUCKET LIST

okay, I know.  Many of you have probably had your Summer Bucket List organized by priority and color-coded for weeks, but I am just now getting around to even thinking about all that I want to accomplish this summer.

1.  I love reading.  I kind of made this ridiculous goal back in January to read 52 books this year; an average of a book a week.  ...so far I have read twelve...  I've decided that at least three of the books I read this summer should be for professional development.  This one has been in my car since I received it at a conference last August.  It is slightly smudged, but I feel as though it is full of potential.


2.  I also want to create another novel unit for my fabulous sixth graders.  ...I just have to pick a book.  I am currently leaning toward Wonder by R.J. Palacio or possibly The Westing Game.  ...other suggestions are welcome. : ]

3.  I need a better system.  I am so horrible at documenting all of those little behavioral outbursts, keeping track of incomplete homework, paying attention to who has supplies and who doesn't...  Help!! If you have a system that works for you, I would love to hear all about it.   ...seriously, help me.

4.  In addition to teaching, I am also the Youth Director at my church and I have spent many hours planning a Summer Mission Trip to COSTA RICA!!  I am so excited, and so very blessed, to be taking a group of high school youth to Costa Rica where we will have the opportunity to share HIS LOVE  in word and action.  ...there is still lots to be done, and pulling off this trip is going to be one of my biggest priorities this summer.

I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.  Galatians 2:20.

5.  Relax, relax, relax.  I need me some me time!!  I can think of nothing better than endless hours at the lake, sleeping in my hammock, laying in the sun, and breathing the lake air.  ...and I am hoping this summer's Jimmy Buffett concert is even better than the last.


[with the best friend at Jimmy last summer]

Well, wish me luck.  I LOVE summer!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment