Pages

Saturday, May 31, 2014

SURVIVING THE CHAOS

It is official!!  I have exactly four and a half days left in my school year!!  We all know that describing the end of a school year as "hectic" is sometimes putting it lightly.

Here is my tip for...


Take time for YOU!

Let's be real, this is next to impossible during the last weeks of school. In fact, when I left school last Friday, it felt COMPLETELY impossible.  My [Massive To Do List] was overflowing, and my only goal for my three days of freedom was to check as many things as possible off that list.  ...instead I did nothing.  I couldn't resist.  The weather was beautiful, the sun was shining, and I am a sucker for a hammock and a good book.


It was so worth it.  Yes, Monday night was a little frantic, but after taking time to rest, relax, and enjoy the weekend, I didn't mind sitting down and being productive.  ...it also made me much more willing to put up with the lack of listening skills that always plagues my 6th graders this late in the year. : ] Take time for YOU; you won't regret it!! 


[Thanks for joining our Surviving the Chaos Blog Hop!!  The prize bundle is no longer available, but I hope you continue to read our tried, tested, and true survival tips.]

I would love to hear your suggestions for surviving the end of the school year!  You can leave your tip in the comments below.

1 comment:

  1. I love the honesty! Sometimes we need to just do nothing. If we don't give ourselves time to recoop - how can we be effective as teachers?

    Mackenzie
    Brownbag Academics

    ReplyDelete