The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than two hundred followers as a way of welcoming them to the blogosphere. …I have all of five followers, so I would say that I meet that criteria.
Lisa’s Questions & My Answers.
1. What grade do you teach? What grades have you taught? How long have you been teaching? I have been teaching for five years and I LOVE it! I currently teach in a small private school where I am the only 6th grade homeroom teacher. Throughout the week I teach middle school math, literature, writing, and art.
2. What book do you read to your class each year without fail? I like to switch it up. I am currently reading Wonder, by R.J. Palaico, to my 8th grade art class. I discovered this book over the summer and decided it was one of those books that everyone needs to read. …so if you haven’t read it, start reading!
3. If you weren't a teacher, what would you be doing? …sleeping… I seriously think I could be a professional sleeper. OR, possibly a children’s librarian. I worked in the children’s department of the local library when I was in college. Best. Summer. Job. Ever.
4. What's one thing you're just dying to buy for your classroom? I can only pick one thing?? I would gladly take a personal Starbucks barista.
5. What's your non-teaching guilty pleasure? I may or may not have a slight addiction to all things reality television.
6. Favorite book that is not teaching related? This is the most difficult question ever. I really just love reading. My New Year’s “Resolution” was to read fifty-two books this year. #nerdalert. I was on a roll during the Polar Vortex where every other day was a snow day. I think I have recently fallen a little behind. …I just read the Divergent trilogy and loved it!
7. What's one thing on your bucket list? ZipLining!! …preferably somewhere awesome and tropical!
8. Favorite restaurant? I have a thing for local restaurants. El Azteca has the best black bean soup and excellent margaritas. yummm.
9. Who would play you in a movie about your life? I can’t know. PASS.
10. What's one thing you could eat everyday? I’m pretty sure I could eat a PB & J everyday and be okay with it.
11. What inspired you to begin blogging? I started blogging as a way to network with other middle school teachers. When you are the only 6th grade teacher in the building, there is a definite lack of collaboration and idea sharing. Although I am new to blogging, I already love the community of teacher bloggers and the inspiration they provide.
11 Random Facts about ME.
- I LOVE hockey. Go Blackhawks!!
- I have never broken a bone.
- I have traveled to France, Switzerland, Italy, Mexico, and Canada, yet I don’t have a single stamp in my passport. lame.
- I hate shoes. If I could live in flip-flops, I would. ...my shoes are regularly off in my classroom. shhh!
- It’s official. I am slightly addicted to Dr. Pepper.
- My favorite season is summer. …and not just because teachers get summer’s off. Sunshine and a good book make all things better!
- I may or may not have seen every episode of Hannah Montana. I might also own the movie and all of the CDs. Don’t judge.
- I am terrified of goats.
- My classroom is extremely organized and it makes me INSANE when students plop things on my desk. Excuse me, what are you thinking??
- …my bedroom is extremely unorganized.
- I am off to Costa Rica in exactly 105 days for a mission trip with my fabulous High School Youth Group. I can’t wait. “…and what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.” Micah 6:8
Now that you know a little more about me, I would love for my nominees to answer the same questions that Lisa asked me and share eleven random facts about themselves.
Here are the rules.
1. Link back to my blog as the one who nominated you.
2. Nominate five blogs with fewer than two hundred followers.
3. Answer the questions posted.
4. Share eleven random facts about yourself.
5. Contact your nominees to let them know they have been nominated. : ]